Thursday, May 26, 2011

"May the blessing of almighty God, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, descend upon you and remain forever. Amen."

My Grandfather has been passing this blessing out (usually at bed time or when we leave his house) daily.  My grandfather found himself with an enlarged heart this week and this on top of him "forgetting things" over the past 2 years.  I am far away as is my mother.  She is in Florida while I am in Germany but we ask ourselves the question?....do we go? or do we stay? 
     I just went to Michigan this passed Christmas for this reason.  To see my grandfather who is forgetting things and my paternal grandmother who has been having sugar and heart problems for years.  I feel like I am in good place with both of them and I don't feel the need to go but I wanted to think on this none the less...
     I am blessed with a large family on my father's side (2 uncles and 3 aunts) and also on my mother's side (6 uncles and 3 aunts).
     I am blessed with a supportive husband who will do what needs to be done and who knows what his priorities should be.
     I am blessed with 4 kids of my own and the opportunity to live in Germany with my husband's job.
     I am blessed with good friends and lovely ideas in which to pass the time with.
     I am blessed in so many ways that I can not count but somehow I wonder if these are the things my grandfather wanted for me?  I suppose they are.
     I supposed our lives are what we make them.  I suppose ..."That which we manifest....is before us."

No comments:

Post a Comment